Feed Your Brain
You probably know that it’s important to eat well, get a good night’s sleep, and exercise regularly to keep your body fit and healthy. But did you know that all of these activities can impact your brain as well? Your brain is one of the most energy-intensive organs in your body, using close to 20% of your body’s energy each day. Everything you do to energize or take care of your body affects your brain and mental well-being as well. In this course, we will focus on how stress, exercise, sleep, and food can impact your mood, focus, and overall brain health. You will also develop strategies to support your brain’s health. Let’s eat some brain food!
- Learn about your brain and how it is impacted by food, sleep, stress, and exercise
- Read about how stress and lack of sleep can impact not only your body, but your mind
- Understand how exercise can impact your brain function, both long-term and short-term
- Discover what foods can help your brain function at its best
- Create strategies in your daily life to optimize your brain and mental well-being
Study Guide (Optional)
Use this version to fill-in notes on your favorite device: Study Guide (editable or printable)
Click the first topic in the table below to get started!